The Consulate General of Belgium in St. Petersburg,Russia, is part of a world-wide network of more than a hundred Belgian general consular posts,representing Belgian political, economic and consular interests abroad.
We are looking for an Expert in Consular and Policy areas. The jobholder will be primarily responsible for assisting the Consul General in theperformance of his duties. Whilst this role is primarily focused on consular matters, the jobholder is likely to have opportunities to provide policy support across a wide range of portfolios when required: bilateral cooperation in various area such as economic cooperation, policy, culture and public diplomacy.
• Provide consular administrative assistance
• Analyze and monitor relevant developments in the post’s fields of activity or interest
• Prepare minutes of meetings, briefings and background analyses
• Represent the Consulate in various meetings and develop and maintain a network of contacts within its area of responsibilities.
• Liaise with the MFA in Brussels and other Consulates general in St. Petersburg
• Perform other administrative duties as required (including support with accounting)
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
• University degree: bachelor’s degree or comparable degree in economics, law, political or social sciences. Equivalent work experience accepted.
• At least 3-4 years working experience, preferably in public affairs, business or consular
• Full professional proficiency in English and Russian, including excellent writing skills.
• Excellent organizational skills, with ability to plan ahead and prioritise;
• Self-initiative for active information gathering and information processing;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and to support team-members on a range of tasks;
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, and customer focus;
• Strong IT including MS Office skills;
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience: Operational knowledge of one of the Belgian national languages (French, Dutch or German) would be an asset.
An interesting job in an international and dynamic environment.
Type of Position:Full-time, 1 year (possibility to permanent contract)
Location (City):Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Application deadline: 10th May 2021, 23.59(GMT+3)
Start Date:1st July 2021
Contract: According to the Russian Federation labor code
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications. Please send your CV and letter of motivation in English to email@example.com by the 10th of May end of the day with the subject “CV/CANDIDATURE”. Application in another language will not be taken into consideration.